HMS was founded in 1993. The company started working on scheduling agendas for field sales teams of publishers. Since then, HMS has grown into a full-service customer contact centre with both inbound and outbound services.
From the beginning, HMS was a subsidiary of the holding HMS NV. The holding still exists, but HMS has moved several times. Over the past two decades, the company has grown rapidly:
- 2000: move to Vivaldistraat.
- 2005: move to Zuiderparkweg and opening of a second office in Nijmegen, because there was a need for a broader labour market.
- 2008: new premises at Europalaan in Den Bosch. This move coincided with the beginning of the economic crisis, but HMS continued to grow, despite the pressure on margins and volume.
- 2010: start of a new label called H4C (Holcom Cold Canvas Contact Center).
- 2012: H4C moves to an independent site, separate from HMS Den Bosch and HMS Nijmegen.
- End 2012: creation of a new department called HMS Customer Care.
- 2013: in August, a separate branch of HMS Customer Care opens in Mijdrecht.
- 2014: Mijdrecht moves to HNK Amsterdam.
- 2016: HNK Amsterdam moves to the Coen building in Amsterdam.